End User License Agreements
First Base Solutions® is committed to protecting the privacy of our web site users. We want to provide a safe, secure user experience. We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you access and submit to us remains private. The following reflects our commitment to you.
Information About www.firstbasesolutions.com Visitors
In general, we gather information about all of our users collectively, such as what sections users visit most frequently and what services users access the most. We only use such data anonymously and in the aggregate. This data helps us determine what information is most beneficial for our visitors, clients and suppliers. The information is for internal use only.
Information About You Specifically
First Base Solutions® does not sell, has never sold, and will never sell contact information to marketers. In some instances, when you sign up to use our on-line mapping services, we may need more specific information about you, such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, etc. We may use that information to supply you with reports that assist in your business operations. We may also use the contact information to make you aware of news and information about First Base Solutions® that may be of interest to you.
General Information Disclosure
We do not disclose information about your individual visits to www.firstbasesolutions.com
, or contact information that you provide, such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, etc., to any outside parties, except when we believe the law requires it.
First Base Solutions Copyright and Trademarks
First Base Solutions® is a registered trademark of First Base Solutions Inc. All Licensed Products and services provided by First Base Solutions® are registered trademarks and www.firstbasesolutions.com and @firstbasesolutions.com are service marks of First Base Solutions®.
First Base Solutions is on track to realize the new obligations of the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (O. Reg. 191/11), through policies, procedures and practices, multi-year plans, and training. We expect that we will phase in the necessary changes on time to meet the goals of this new policy over the coming years with respect to the relevant aspects of our business including:
Information and Communications
Providing comparable customer service and access to information to people of all abilities in a timely manner. This includes accessible formats and convertible documents where practical and conformity with World Wide Web Consortium Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, at Level AA.
Including such aspects as equal opportunity in recruitment, assessment, selection, information sharing, accessible formats, communication supports and workplace emergency response information, accommodation plans, return to work process, performance management, career development and advancement and redeployment.
Comments and questions related to our policies can be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
, or by mail to 140 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham, ON, L3R 6B3.
First Base Solutions accepts payment by Visa, MasterCard, American Express. Credit card payment is required for all orders less than $500. Payment by credit card is expected at the time of purchase.
All prices are in Canadian dollars except where specifically stated otherwise.
All sales are final due to the nature of our business. No refunds will be issued for digital data, hard copy data, service subscriptions, bandwidth, labour fees, service charges, or any other product or service provided by First Base Solutions. Product samples, FAQ’s, tutorials, demonstrations, product previews, trial subscriptions, and personal customer service are free, and available to all customers prior to purchase. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure they use these resources prior to purchase.
In exceptional situations where the customer can demonstrate a defect with the product delivered, contact customer service to review your specific case.
Social Media Policy
So, you like to talk about us, eh? Users are encouraged to post questions on forums, comment on articles, and participate in other social media campaigns hosted by First Base Solutions. Please keep in mind the following guidelines:
Add Value To The Dialogue
There are no stupid questions, but, if you have something to say or a question to ask, be sure to express yourself clearly and give enough detail so other users will be able to understand and respond.
Avoid using incomplete sentences, one word answers, and using texting short hands (like LOL or OMG) and emoticons in lieu of proper writing. Unintelligible posts may be edited or removed.
We have an extensive FAQ section
for the benefit of all users as well as archived forums and discussion threads. Your question may already have been answered before, so avoid repeating questions which have already been answered.
Stay On Topic
Make sure comments are relevant to the discussion or forum where they are posted. FBS
may need to move your comments to a more suitable forum or start a new discussion thread if warranted.
Using our site as a platform for spamming, advertising, or posting links with the sole intention of misleading users or directing users away from our site is not acceptable. Such posts will be removed.
Repeatedly posting the same message or posting useless information to deliberately bump your post to the top of the list is not acceptable.
Be Respectful Of Other Users
reserves the right to moderate the discussion. We will not accept foul language, sexually explicit content, and any posts that are derogatory, abusive, malicious, libelous, obnoxious, or otherwise in bad taste or interferes with other users’ enjoyment of the site. Content that FBS
finds objectionable will be removed at our sole discretion without notice. Your FBS
account may be disabled as a result.
Do not post confidential or personal information about any other person or company. Do not post vexatious or personal comments about any specific individual, including FBS
staff, or make remarks in retaliation if your post is found to be unacceptable and removed.
It’s All User Driven
We encourage constructive discourse. Keep in mind that most posts are made by independent users who may not share the views and opinions of FBS
does not necessarily agree with or endorse any particular viewpoint or advice posted by other users.
Your user name is attached to your post. Except in rare cases where FBS
needs to intervene and remove unacceptable material from our site, your posts will be public on the internet for years to come, so think before you click.
Promos & Contests
General Terms and Conditions:
‘First Base Solutions’ means all companies in the First Base Solutions (FBS
) including but not limited to all JD Barnes Limited companies and entities.
The ‘Promoter’ is First Base Solutions
‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
(a) all First Base Solutions and JD Barnes Limited employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families;
‘Immediate Families’ include spouses, Grandparents, Parents, Children, and Grandchildren whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
1. These Promotion or Competition Rules (‘the Rules’) apply to all First Base Solutions Promotions or Competitions (collectively ‘the Promotion’) conducted by means of any medium – print or online. The Rules may change from time to time.
2. If a particular Promotion has specific rules or terms (‘the Specific Rules’) those Specific Rules will apply if there is any inconsistency with the Rules.
3. Unless otherwise stated in the above mentioned specific rules or terms, registration, entry or vote is limited to 1 per person. Where multiple registrations, entries or votes are acceptable, each must be made separately.
4. Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority to enter the Promotion.
5. No purchase is necessary to win or participate in the Promotion, unless specified in the Specific Rules.
6. The Promotion is open to all Residents. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the Promotion.
7. First Base Solutions reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
8. First Base Solutions reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who First Base Solutions decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
9. By participating, entrants grant First Base Solutions exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
11. Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true
12. Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize (‘the Winner’).
13. The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Rules or the Specific Rules
14. The Winner will be notified by email, phone (voice) mail or in person and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by First Base Solutions. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (eg when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts or mail sent is returned) First Base Solutions will select another winner. If, after successful notification, the prize is not collected within two months of being announced it will be regarded as forfeit. (Note: 3 attempts to contact the Winner will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry.
15. The prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable, No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf. In the event that the prize specified in the Competition becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
16. Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person, they must provide proper identification (eg driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate). If the Winner is under the age of 18 years their parent or legal guardian must accompany the Winner or give their prior written consent to the award of the prize.
17. The Winner takes the prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies First Base Solutions in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the prize.
18. First Base Solutions reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
19. First Base Solutions takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction.
20. To the fullest extent permitted by law First Base Solutions will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the prize.
21. Where the prize is to be supplied by an entity outside First Base Solutions control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, First Base Solutions has no responsibility for the provision of the prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative prize or to take legal action to require the prize supplier to provide the prize.
22. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
23. If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the prize will be forfeited.
Referral Program Terms and Conditions:
These terms and conditions apply to First Base Solutions Referral Program (“Program”). By referring a friend, purchasing FBS
PROGRAM PARTICIPATION AND ELIGIBILITY
The Referral Program is available only to new and existing customers who have purchase FBS
data or services. Please allow up to four 72 hrs after referral validation for referral reward to be applied. First Base Solutions reserves the right to modify, extend or cancel this Referral Program at any time. The Referral Program is available online at: www.firstbasesolutions.com. Or through any FBS
social media account. Internet access is required for participation in the Referral Program. Current First Base Solutions customers who initiate a referral on any of the above platforms, are defined as “Referrers.” Non-customers who setup a First Base Solutions account and redeem the promo code on any FBS
data or service are defined as “Referees.”
The Referral Program is only available to 1.) First Base Solutions customers who have an account in good standing. 2.) Followers of any First Base Solutions social media platforms. to make referrals, you must:
Provide us with a valid email address, name and company
Provide us with a valid email address, name and company
Be an individual person and of the age of majority in the province where you are resident at the time of participation (Companies and employees of First Base Solutions or their subsidiaries, affiliates or promotional agencies, including immediate family and household members, are not eligible to earn credit for referrals);
Referrals made through non-authorized First Base Solutions sales channels are not eligible for the program. First Base Solutions reserves the right to void any Referral credit based on the following: (1) ineligibility of any Referral Program participant, (2) fraudulent activity or, (3) if First Base Solutions in its sole discretion, finds that you have violated any of the Program Terms and Conditions.
Each Referee must create an account with First Base Solutions plan within 1 year of referral. The Referee’s must purchase First Base Solution service or data in order to redeem their promotion. You cannot receive credits for referring yourself or multiple accounts/version of yourself. If you are a new First Base Solutions customer who was referred by an existing First Base Solutions customer, you are eligible to participate in the Referral Program, including your initial referral reward. You must disclose the fact that you are a First Base Solutions customer when you make referrals. You agree to let your Referees know that you are the Referrer and that you may receive and referral reward if your Referee signs up and redeems referral reward. You will not receive any referral reward if your referrals are rejected or are not received for any reason, or if you fail to comply with any of the terms of the Referral Program.
Reward Redemption Referral rewards are non-transferable, non-assignable, and cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash, credit, or other merchandise.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Tax: You are responsible for any and all tax liabilities associated with the Referral Program.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
This Program is void where prohibited by law.
We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions of the First Base Solutions Referral Program at any time, without notice, at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to not award a credit or disqualify someone from the Referral Program if we feel, in our sole discretion, that fraudulent behavior or other unethical conduct has occurred in any way that compromises the fairness the Referral Program in any way. Promo codes cannot be combined with other promotions or sales and are not valid for previous offers or orders. Spam, unsolicited commercial email, or any form of illegal means of communication is illegal, prohibited, and will be grounds for termination of your account and participation in this Referral Program. Fraudulent or unethical means of communication such as using bots, fictitious identities, fake emails, or scripts is also prohibited and will result in similar actions by us with respect to terminating your account and participation in the Referral Program. First Base Solutions data and services are subject to additional terms, conditions, and other restrictions. See firstbasesolutions.com for details.
By participating in this Referral Program, you agree to release and hold harmless First Base Solutions and its parent company JD Barnes Limited., as the operator of the Referral Program for us and their affiliates and subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, consultants, and agents, and any other entity associated with marketing this Referral Program (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all claims or damages arising out of, or in connection with the Program. You further agree that the Program and credits are provided "as is where is". THERE ARE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO STATUTORY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, THIRD PARTIES RIGHTS, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS, EVEN IF ONE PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY.
Limited time offer. First Base Solutions reserves the right to terminate and/or modify thus offer at any time without prior notice.